Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > speed limiter
speed limiter

2699 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-06 14:50:07

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    memet_engineer
    2015-07-05 18:37:55
     hi
    im new for maxisys pro can any body help me for removing speed governer on 2103 dodge challenger RT

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-05 20:06:01 (Reply to:memet_engineer)

nope, not possible. google diablo speed tuner, one of the best tuner out there for this job, but there are many other software as well. good luck.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-06 09:53:45 (Reply to:memet_engineer)

Everything has a top speed and rev limit. Manufacturers don't want people exceeding the maximum safe speed rating of the tires that come on the vehicle. It might be possible to BS the PCM by entering an incorrect tire size, pinion factor, or Revs per mile value that would result in a lower speed  sensed and displayed than the vehicle is actually going. Buy a retired Dodge Charger Police Cruiser if you want to go as fast as Dodge allows things go from the factory.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 10:24:58 (Reply to:witsend)

those police cars don't go fast enough, sure they can catch a pt cruiser, but tell them to catch up to my little mopar. but who is chrysler  anyway to tell people how fast they should go. yes it is illegal but so are the fire arm and everybody seem to have one,specially all my neighbors. it make no difference if a car goes 85 or 150,  it is stupid people that kills at any speed. most drive by shooting are done at very slow speed. gm and i think ford is doing the same crap. but  If I buy a sports car i don't want no limiter installed, for that I buy me a 4 banger and save gas where is the fun. one can not get a speeding ticket anymore with today's vehicle they don't even burn rubber or make noises anymore, boring if you ask me. if i was going to spend 50 to 100k on this new yunks out there today you'll bet they have to remove those silly limiters or i will return the vehicle back to the dealer. i feel bad for the kids now a days they sure have no fun, no wonder they are all in youtube watching little videos. get out there and burn some rubber and get your girlfriend pregnant, and make a few cops chase you around the block jesus crist. am not saying go out there speed and kill someone, speeding is done at the track without the limiter of course but have some fun, you  are not going to be young for ever.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-06 11:54:29 (Reply to:ede65)

Not too many cars running factory PCMs are going to get near the typical PCM 140mph limiter in a quarter mile drag strip with the more common V rated speed limit on a Quasi Wannabee Sports Cars like a typical, Camaro, Mustang , Charger, or Challenger, and I shudder to think that some Pimple Faced Punk would be given  the capability to change the speed  limiter on his PCM with a Maxi Sys to see how fast his car can reach on shared public freeway running some worn Pep Boy White letter Specials with an H-speed rating, LOL.
      I thought I saw a you tube vid of someone changing speed limiter  on a mercedes but my guess is that capability was taken away with newer updates.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 13:52:59 (Reply to:witsend)

they will always find the way to do so, remember we were all pimple faces at one time too and nothing stopped us from doing it. that is why i said to take it to the tracks to make sure they don't kill someone else. now the thrill is from 0 to 60 not hauling ass down the street at at 100 mph  that is insane. I have a 1969 dodge dart all mopar, and a 1969 chevy camaro both on small blocks doing low 9 non pcm, almost stock  I have not been to the tracks in ages but I tell you there is no better feeling than that. boys will always be boys, and will always find the way to do what they want to do, the only thing one can do is guide them thru and open their minds to the danger they don't see, the same way we didn't. anyway nice talking to you. just had some flashbacks from my days, will probably be looking for some app gas or cam2 later and fire my babies up lol. take care man.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-06 14:10:40 (Reply to:ede65)

I  have to remember when we grew up muscle cars had squirrelly handling  bias tires and we  learned to drive  a 3 ton vehicle with a stick shift Today's kids learn to drive in a PT Cruiser or Civic with an automatic with ABS and they think because they're  Aces playing Grand Theft Auto, their video game skills will translate to being a Highway Star like we were. LOL

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 14:37:25 (Reply to:witsend)

lol yes your right. my son's car  for example has abs,stability control,traction control,4 wheel disc brakes,lane departure,collision avoidance  cameras everywhere, and this dumb ass kid hits everything on the road, what a waste of technology, I got to check his play station games, that is probably where he gets it from. my first car had nothing it even had 4 wheel drum brakes  but with 400 horse power under the hood and torque up the yan yan and we didn't hit anything, but everything was real, no fantasy games to pretend, you crashed you died one chance only lol. 

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 14:50:07 (Reply to:witsend)

there was a comedian named george carlin, one of my favorite comedians of all time. he had a test to detect a dumb kid. it goes like this, you take your kid about 5 years of age and leave him  on a street corner somewhere and you tell him to wait there for you, and that you will be right back,then come back the next day, if that kid was still there waiting, you know you had a dumb kid, go make another one. lol I  should have ran that test on mine, if my wife would have allow me to it could have save me a lot of money on all the cars he destroyed.   but my brother's son  12 years old, took the cake not too long ago, he now gets to do a few things like cutting the grass and stuff, my brother pays him for doing that and going to the store on his tractor. well this other dumb ass left the blade running and destroyed all the near by neighbors yards playing race car. oh and he is the smartest one in his class, gifted they call it, so imagine what rest of the dumb asses  may have done. it is like I said they will always be boys. but hopefully they mature fast though am going broke. but they are our future so we better train them well.
  Total1 Pages